Monday 11 April 2016

The ladies of the Grand National

"Honey, I got heels higher
 than your standards" - Unknown

That quote above is entirely dedicated to the woman behind Daily Mail's article on opening day of the Crabbies Grand National 2016. I attended the opening day of the Grand National this year and I was in awe over all of you ladies there. Your dresses where stunning! It was cold, it was wet, the wind was blowing, and you still managed to own it! Embraced your inner Marilyn Monroe. And then I was appalled to see that, yet again, the Daily Mail had trashed the ladies that have spent months getting ready. I think the worst thing about this is that the writer, who is a woman by the way, published photographs of women who's dresses had blown up with the wind. I was under the impression that photographing women's underwear without their consent was a criminal offence. It is? Oh right, well looks like Siofra Brennan has some explaining to do then. I meant has she seriously never had an unfortunate encounter with the wind?

The grand national weekend is Liverpool's biggest weekend of the year. Ladies spend months planning their outfit, their hair, their make up. Its like the Oscars of the film world. Style is what you, as an individual, makes of fashion. So ignore the negativity, you looked UNBELIEVABLE! 

Okay, on to the good stuff. I can't show every beautiful woman of the 3 days unfortunately, but here's a few;
(images are not my own)


"Another flashed her bra in a white dress with a lattic panel at the front that showed off her underwear" - Daily Mail.    I would kill to be able to wear a dress like that! And I personally think the bra showing works? I can't be the only one. 

It was made pretty clear that Siofra Brennan is not a fan of high split dresses. But if she had legs like those I'm sure she would have a different opinion. I have quite a few high split skirts and dresses in my wardrobe, it gives an effortless edge to any look.

"Two friends looked like they were ready to act as bridesmaids, although their delicate dresses were somewhat spoiled by their clumpy platform shoes" - Daily Mail.   These dresses are timless classics, by far my personal best dressed this year. 

Loving the pastel colours this year!


"Plunging necklines and huge platforms were the order of the day for many of the women" - Daily Mail.   Where has Ms Brennan been living this past year? Has she completely missed that plunging necklines are THE trend right now? And as for the 'huge' platforms, I don't know about you but I find them much easier to walk in than small-thin heels.











Okay surely she should be on a red carpet with that stunning ensemble.





Forget the words of one pathetic human. You killed it this year!

Here's a quick picture of me this year.

Love, Han.xo

Twitter - @FFearlessblog
Facebook - Fashion Fearless 

""




No comments:

Post a Comment