Wednesday 4 May 2016

Met Gala - Fashion at its Finest

"It's taking whatever you are feeling inside
and making art that people can relate to.
It's like Lemonade!" - Aziz Ansari

I LOVE the Met Gala, and I was surprised to hear that some of my friends don't know what it is about or have never heard of it. So what is the Met Gala? The Met Gala is officially known as Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Benefit. No wonder we shorten it. The benefit gets held in New York, on the first Monday of May, to raise money for the Costume Institute. In 2015 they raised $12.5million. Not surprising when tickets cost $30,000, with tables costing $275,000.

The hosts of this years exhibit, Manus x Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology, were chairwoman of the Gala Anna Wintour, actor Idris Elba, Jonathan Ive - Chief design officer at Apple and Taylor Swift. Although it is encouraged that attendees dress with the theme in mind, it is not a requirement.

I've given you the facts, now I want to show you 5 of my all time favourites from previous years.




Now to my favourite part, 2016's best dressed!

Honestly I don't quite know what is going on with this Versace dress, but I do know that nobody else could pull this off. Kendall Jenner could make a bin bag work!

This is the second time that Karolina Kurkova has made my best dressed list. How could she not with this dazzling, light-up Marchesa gown. 

Everything about Amber Heards look caught my attention immediately. The hair, the make up, the stunning Ralph Lauren. Old Hollywood comes to mind when I look at this. Johnny Depp must be one proud husband.

Now for my 3 Queens of the night. That's right, I couldn't just choose one. And nope, it's not Queen B...

Are you really surprised? Nina Dobrev never disappoints. And can we just take a minute to look at the resemblance she bears to Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Not to mention the detailing on this Marchesa gown. Loving the mix of the floral pattern with the shards of mirror.

The dress everyone is talking about, our real life Cinderella - with a twist. This hand sewn-fiber optic dress is definitely Zac Posen's most incredible creation. And who better to wear it than his long-time friend Claire Danes. Will there come a time when I'm not blown away by this dress? Probably not.

Another lady who never disappoints on the red carpet. Blake Lively. She may not have been inspired by a Disney princess, but a princess nonetheless. Blake was very much involved in Burberry's beautiful creation.

And that's all from me. Who was your Queen of the night?

Love, Han.xo


Twitter - @FFearlessblog
Facebook - Fashion Fearless 




No comments:

Post a Comment