Monday 29 February 2016

Around The World Review *

Amy and I met up on Friday night for a girly catch up. We decided to go for dinner at Around The World in Liverpool One (attached to Bierkeller). This was the first time I had been in, and I was so pleased when I walked in to see that it had a relaxed atmosphere. I don't particularly like restaurants that I don't feel at home in. It had dim lighting which I love for dinner and cocktails, although not to great for pictures, and I absolutely loved the laid back interior.

(photo credit: Around The World)






Shortly after being seated at our table, the waitress brought over some water for the table. Which I think is a nice little touch, I don't know about you but I love having water during my meal. 

I also liked the layout of the menu, short and sweet. I can't be the only one who hates reading a novel to decide what I want to eat. I found the destination stamps really cute, and loved the clipboard. It truly is the smallest things that draw me in.















After an intense decision making process, I finally decided on a Long Island Iced Tea, one of my favourite cocktails. I really enjoyed reading the history on all the cocktails, located below each title.
I left ATW with some knowledge on cocktails, I love knowing that a Long Island Iced Tea was first created in 1972.

Also, £6.45 - bargain!







By far the most beautiful Long Island Icead Tea's I have ever had.

On to the most important part...the food! Hunters chicken is one of my all time favourite dishes. But I can be very fussy with my chicken, my bacon and even the barbecue sauce. But the chef did not disappoint. The chicken was delicious, the bacon was cooked to perfection and the bbq sauce was just right, not to strong, which usually ruins the whole dish. Coleslaw on the side...well that's the way to my heart.

The only thing that was slightly irritating, was the fact that we felt as though we were shouting at each other because of the music. But I can't really fault them on that either, the music was great! We caught the last half an hour of an excellent live singer. Then they played their own music, it really kept to the feel of the restaurant.

It is so nice to write a positive review on hospitality after such a negative one on Zizzi. Around The World have given me so many reasons to return and to recommend them to every one who will listen.

They'll be seeing me real soon.

Love, Han-xo

Follow Around The World on twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment