Tuesday 1 March 2016

Oscars 2016

Academy Awards. The biggest award show of the year. Glamorous outfits, perfectly styled hair, shiny shoes... and that's just the men! An Oscar is the award every actor wants. Some wait years for it, go Leo go Leo!

I have been so disappointed in the red carpet looks this award season but the Oscars have gone and restored my faith in fashion. There were a few not so great looks but lets not speak about those tonight. I want to show off the stunning ensembles that took my breath away, not only from the awards them selves, but from the Instyle viewing party, and Vanity Fairs after party. (So many parties in one night! What a tough life)

The detail on this Marchesa gown is just exquisite. This midnight blue beauty is not at all what I expected Sofia Vergara to be wearing. I am so glad that she saved her Mark Zunino Haute Couture figure-hugging style for Vanity Fair's after party. As beautiful as she looked back in her comfort zone, I thought she looked like such a princess on that red carpet. 

Sofia Vergara at Vanity Fair's Oscar after party

I am attracted to anything blue! So its no surprise that this custom made Gucci dress caught my eye. Brie Larson, now an Oscar-winning actress, had been planning this dress since before Christmas. It definitely paid off. All props go to Larson's fashion consultant - Cristina Ehrlich - and the man that brought it to life, Gucci's new creative director - Alessandro Michele.

Priyanka Chopra turned many heads at this years Academy Awards, and for good reason. This Zuhair Murad gown was most definitely one of my favourites of the night. I loved that her hair was pinned up, and her jewellery kept to a minimum, the dress speaks for itself. Zuhair's style is definitely one to keep an eye on.

Nothing says 'Oscars' like some gold sparkle. Margot Robbie kept it to the current (and my favourite) trends with metallic and a plunge neckline. She looked absolutely stunning showing off her slim figure in this Tom Ford gown. 

Meanwhile at the Instyle viewing party, the beautiful Katherine McNamara caught my eye with this boho-chic bebe maxi dress. For the Oscars itself I would not have approved this dress, but it is perfect for the annual Instyle party. This look makes me so excited for spring!

Over at the Vanity Fair after party, Alicia Vikander stood wowing everyone with her black, sequinned, Louis Vuitton gown. Another plunge dress, with another favourite trend of mine- the leg split. Also, congratulations for bagging best supportive actress award for her beautiful role in The Danish Girl. 

Now, last but not least. The woman who I am declaring the best dressed of the 88th annual Academy Awards; Rachel McAdams. Who not only took my breath away on the red carpet but again at Vanity Fair's after party.
Teal, open-back Agust Getty gown. Fall 2016 Collection.

Baby pink, plunge Naeem Khan gown.

Who was your best dressed?

Another huge congratulations to all the winners of this years Academy Awards, especially Leonardo DiCaprio, 2016 is your year man! 

Love, Han-xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment