Wednesday 14 December 2016

BLOGMAS Day 14 - My Christmas Traditions

"Christmas waves a magic wand over
this world and behold, everything is 
softer and more beautiful."

Christmas Eve - Xmas eve night is basically just me hinting and staring at my mum until she gives me my Christmas eve present. You all know what that is - PYJAMAS! I watch some kind of live music show (there always seems to be one on) with my mum and stepdad. And then, the bit that annoys my mum the most, I still make her put out carrots for the reindeer, along with milk and cookies for Santa. I'm being serious, I really connect with my 6 year old self at Christmas time. I think that's why I still lay awake in bed until 3am, bursting with excitement. 

Christmas Day - Clock hits 6:30am and I am singing 'Rocking Around the Christmas Tree' at the top of my lungs to wake everyone up. The replies I get aren't to Christmassy but they get out of bed eventually. Christmas morning you will find me sitting, legs folded, infront of the presents underneath the tree. After the excitement of opening our presents, we have our bacon buttie. That has been our Christmas morning breakfast for as long as I can remember. I love the walk around to my nans house. It feels like Christmas morning, if that makes any sense to you. The atmosphere is just completely different. After more presents, its time for my Grandads favourite part of the day - the pub! We only go there for 2 hours but it's wonderful to see everyone, in my case people who have watched me grow up. But then we reach my favourite part of the day. Dinner time! My nan is pretty stressed out by this point, I think its mainly down to my brother walking in and out of the kitchen robbing the food. I hope I'm not the only one, but I think we should all pull our crackers before we dig into our dinners. Right?! Its a must that we sit at the table with our Christmas hats on.
I'm that person at the dinner table that asks 'are you finished with that' the moment you lay your knife and fork together. Damn right I want 2nds, 3rds, 4ths. I just don't seem to feel full on Christmas day, so if you and your family have leftovers just put em' in a box and send it over. 
Oooooo, chocolate log. My substitute for Christmas cake. 
We end the day off playing hilarious family games. We change it every year, we've done Just Dance, karaoke, trivia, pin the nose on rudolph. Which by the way, I totally should have won last year!

Well that is my typical Christmas.
What is your favourite Christmas tradition?
Let me know in the comments below

Merry Christmas 

Love, Han.xo


Twitter at @LLBFblog
Instagram at LLBFblog
Facebook at Live, Love & Be Fearless
Snapchat at xo_hanb

No comments:

Post a Comment