Sunday 11 December 2016

BLOGMAS Day 11 - 10 Things I Love About Christmas Time

Its beginning to look a lot
like Christmas...

I love the build up to Christmas. There's so much going on through November and December. Christmas isn't just about the 25th December for me, its the whole process. It truly is the most magical time of year. Even when I was working in retail - although you are rushed off your feet - I loved it! Everyone just seemed happier, the atmosphere was, well... magical!

So here's a quick list of my top 10 favourite things about the build up to Christmas;

1. Liverpool's Christmas light switch on! 
The past 2 years I have been working so I didn't have chance to go and see the actual switch on, so I took advvantage of being unemployed this Christmas to go and experience it. I joined Rachel from Times2style, and it was Christmassy than I could ever have imagined!

2. Christmas market!
Every year, for one month, Liverpool has a beautiful Christmas market that I make sure I visit every year (often five or more times). I make it a priority to go there. It is usually located along Church Street and Lord Street, but this year it has moved to St. Georges hall. Which is a beautiful location in itself. I love buying unique gifts that you can't buy on the high street. Then I grab something to eat from one of the many food stalls, then - my favourite part - I go and treat myself to a hot chocolate and Baileys! Yum!

3. Shopping!
Every year I say I will get myself organised and buy everyone's presents early. But where is the fun in that? The most magical time to go shopping for your loved ones is when it starts to go dark, and all the Christmas lights are on. I even love that everyone is rushing around. It just adds to the perfect Christmas shopping experience. But to stop myself from getting stressed, I write a list of everything I need to buy. Less thinking means I get to enjoy my shopping trip all the more.

4. Wrapping presents!
One of my favourite things to do is to put on my Christmas playlist and grab my self a glass of Baileys whilst I try to make my wrapping look half decent. 

5. Christmas movies!
One channel gets my undevided attention every Decemer - Christmas 24. Cheesy Christmas movies on loop, is there anything better? Although there are Christmas movies that I MUST watch every December. See my Christmas Movies post for my favourites. 

6. Christmas decorations!
This is a serious matter. Christmas tree ornament placement has got to be perfect. But it is still one of the most fun parts about the whole build up. I like to put on a Christmas movie or some Christmas songs to feel as Christmassy as I possibly can.

7. Christmas candles!
My house is covered in them! My obsession right now is with Yankee's Mulled Wine scent. 

8. Cosy nights!
Carrying on from the Christmas candles - I love to turn the lights off, light my candles, get into one of my many Xmas pyjamas and watch Christmas movies with the fire on. 

9. Christmas Eve!
I am almost 20 and I still get all excited when my mum gives me my Christmas eve present which, of course, is always a new pair of Christmas pyjamas. And I still can't get to sleep on Christmas eve. I just hope that excitement never goes. 

10. Last but not least - Christmas Day itself!
Yes I still get up as early as possible. And sit impatiently downstairs - legs crossed - infront of the wrapped presents that Santa brought the 1 hour I slept that night. And then of course, the highlight of the year, the Christmas dinner!

What do you love about Christmas time? 
I'd love to know, so drop me a comment below.

Merry Christmas 

Love, Han.xo


Twitter at @LLBFblog
Instagram at LLBFblog
Facebook at Live, Love & Be Fearless
Snapchat at xo_hanb

No comments:

Post a Comment