Friday 19 February 2016

Zizzi Italian Review *

"The heart of hospitality is about
creating space for someone to feel
seen and heard and loved.  It's about 
declaring your table a safe zone, a place
of warmth and nourishment"

Yesterday started off great! A friend and I decided to go and see Deadpool, well more like I was dying to see it so my friend had to see it twice. Being on a high from such a thrilling movie, we decided to go and get a bite to eat in Liverpool one. Zizzi Italian. How can you go wrong with Italian food right? 

We were told there would be a 5-10 minute wait, which I hate when I can see empty tables, but they redeemed their selves by showing us to our table within just 2 minutes. After sitting us down it took them 15 minutes to come over and ask us what we would like to eat and drink. I ordered a glass of  wine, a glass of water and spaghetti bolognese, my friend ordered a glass of amaretto and coke and spaghetti bolognese, then garlic bread for the table. 

I took a sip of my wine, and it was way to warm. Even for house wine. It was although my glass of wine had been sitting in front of the pizza oven. Safe to say I didn't drink anymore of that, I kept to my water. So that was just under £6, wasted.


The food followed shortly after. The waitress asked me if I would like some parmesan cheese, I replied with a yes, and then my friend replied with a no when asked. The waitress did not return with my parmesan. The garlic bread with cheese was nice, hot. But turned cold pretty quickly. The spaghetti was not soft in the slightest, my bolognese sauce was tasteless, and you could fit all the meat in the dish on to a teaspoon. I would have had a better spaghetti bolognese ready meal from Tesco. My friend and I both decided that we could not finish the food. We put our knife and fork side by side on the dish, with the napkin layed over it, and pushed it slightly to the side. Every indication that we had finished. 

...
...
...

20 minutes later, "are you finished girls". The woman picked up our plates and walked away without asking if we would like anything else. If we haven't ordered anything else then we must be finished right? You'd think. We were sitting there for a further 10 minutes until the woman asked if we would like the bill. I am usually a good tipper, but I didn't leave a penny over the total. My only tip for that place is get better hospitality. 

We honestly could have gotten up and walked out of there and they wouldn't have noticed. 
It isn't a huge restaurant, and there were roughly 9 members of staff. I expected a lot more.

This was not a great first impression, and I will not be returning again. When people ask me what Zizzi is like, my answer will be  "appalling".

Love, Han-xo

No comments:

Post a Comment